We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice. We have further enhanced our infection control protocols in response to current events. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable for both you and our staff. We have secured additional recommended PPE for everyone’s safety.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We closely follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued.
You will see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff.
- Our office will communicate with you prior to your appointment to ask COVID screening questions.
- We ask that you call our office from your car, once you arrive for your appointment. We are minimizing the number of people in our office to allow for social distancing and safety for all. For this reason, we may ask you to stay in your car until your scheduled appointment time. We ask that if at all possible, you bring no other guests to the visit. Additional guests may be asked to wait outside of our building.
- Please wear a mask when entering our office and wait in the foyer.
- Your temperature will be taken and you will again be asked the COVID screening questions.
- We have hand sanitizer in the foyer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find this in other places throughout the office for you to use as needed.
- Prior to treatment you will be asked to rinse your mouth with a CDC recommended oral disinfectant.
- You will see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines and children’s toys.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients.
- Our team members will be screened daily and they will also have their temperatures taken upon arrival.
While it has been a challenging time for all of us, we very much look forward to seeing you again. We are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we have taken to keep you, and every patient safe in our practice. We are resuming our practice on Wednesday, May 27th but are able to assist with any dental emergencies prior to that date. To make an appointment, please call our office at 414.332.6212. We very much appreciate your trust and loyalty and look forward to seeing you soon!
Dr. Brad Gerdes and Team